It won’t be long until you can jump in to play Destiny 2: Beyond Light but you’ll need to wait a few more hours before the Season of the Hunt begins.
Downtime started a few hours ago and is expected to continue until 5 pm GMT/ 12 pm ET/ 9 am PT, when the 18.104.22.168 update becomes available. Maintenance doesn’t conclude until around three hours later, so if you experience sign-in problems, that’s probably why. The download will roughly be between 65-70GB depending on your platform, so make sure you have enough space if you haven’t preloaded it already.
Bungie Help tweeted a few hours ago that there are some issues to be aware of when first logging in, and you can follow the Top Issues on Bungie.net. It would be a good idea to ensure you have enabled Cross-Save before logging in for the first time, as your Season Pass will be assigned to the first set of characters that sign in.
Bungie Help continues to explain what are described as Vital and Top Issues, which you can find below. Be aware that these issues may affect gameplay, particularly if you’re a Warlock using the new Stasis subclass like me.
Before Destiny 2: Beyond Light and Season of the Hunt launch on November 10 we want players to be aware of certain issues and information before logging in the first time.
A thread (1/8):
— Bungie Help (@BungieHelp) November 10, 2020
A patch will likely be released to address these issues sooner rather than later but for now, here’s what to watch for:
- In a Wrathborn Hunt, players must deal damage to the final boss to get credit for the activity.
- Diamond shape with a dot inside Stasis subclasses are only available with a Beyond Light game license.
- The Exotic Archive will keep flashing if the player has an Exotic Cipher in their inventory.
- Diamond shape with a dot inside Players who he One-Inch Punch finisher will not kill enemies if the player has the Stasis subclass equipped.
- Diamond shape with a dot inside Kill-based weapon perks may work inconsistently on Stasis frozen shatter kills. dismantle the Stasis fragment quests must wait a week before picking up a new one.
- The Crucible Stasis fragment quest “Timeless Victory” progresses inconsistently.
- Diamond shape with a dot inside The Wrathborn Hunt icon sometimes will not appear on the map.
- The Europa patrol “To the Nth Power” cannot be progressed with Stasis super kills as a Warlock.
- Diamond shape with a dot inside Exo Challenge activities don’t grant a reward for players below the Soft Power Cap.
The Soft Cap is now 1200 Power, and everyone will start with 1050 Power or more, depending on where you finished with Shadowkeep. The Hard Cap will let you hit 1250 Power and Pinnacle gear will boost you towards 1260 Power, so there’s a good chase for those who want to boost those levels a bit further.
In the meantime, check out the Destiny 2: Beyond Light roadmap here as well as the latest launch trailer.