During today’s Super Smash Bros. Ultimate stream, it was announced Steve and Alex from Minecraft will be released as DLC on October 13.
Minecraft’s Steve and Alex will join the Super Smash Bros. Ultimate roster on October 13, Nintendo announced today.
The release date was announced during a special stream today featuring Masahiro Sakurai.
Steve and Alex will feature two color variations each for a total of six. When selecting this new fighter, players will be able to choose between a Steve or Alex skin, and can also choose to look like the Zombie or Enderman characters when playing.
Steve will be able to use an axe, sword, and pickaxe as weapons. Using the pickaxe, you can mine the area in front of you to collect materials and craft to strengthen tools as they will have limited durability.
The content will be available to those with Fighters Pass Vol. 2 for $29.99 or for those who purchase Challenger Pack 7 separately for $5.99.
Here’s the full list of features provided by Nintendo:
- The Basics: Like in Minecraft, players can hold down the attack button to walk while repeatedly swinging a sword, axe, or pickaxe. These attacks have short-range, but wide reach. These tools can also be used for abilities new to the Super Smash Bros. franchise: Mine, Craft and Create Block.
- Mine: While battling, Steve and Alex can use their tools to dig into the ground or walls of each stage to extract materials. The materials found – dirt, wood, stone, iron, gold and diamond – will depend on the type of surface Steve and Alex dig into. Dig into the tree-filled Kongo Jungle, for example, and players will find an abundance of wood, while iron can be discovered on the Corneria stage.
- Craft: After mining, players can then craft using the materials they collected. Steve and Alex’s tools have limited durability and can break, so crafting new tools is vital to maintaining an advantage on the battlefield. By standing in front of a crafting table, which will appear on the stage, players can use materials to craft these tools – the more valuable the material, the more powerful the tool.
- Create Block: Another move that Steve and Alex can use is Create Block. By activating this ability, players will, well, create a block. These blocks can be stacked and strategically placed as defensive maneuvers. Blocks also use materials, like crafting, so players will have to continue to mine to maintain their material supply.
- Final Smash: Steve and Alex’s explosive Final Smash is called House of Boom. After destroying the Smash Ball, players will summon a giant piston, which sends opponents flying into the House of Boom. From there, the iconic Creepers from Minecraft will set off an explosion, dealing massive damage.
- Minecraft World: The stage included in this Fighters Pass Vol. 2 pack is Minecraft World, which consists of six different areas inspired by the Minecraft game. The destructible areas randomly change for each match. When battling on this stage, players will experience a day and night cycle, with zombies and skeletons emerging at night to terrify players.
- Music Tracks: Since the music in Minecraft is meant to be soothing and relaxing to inspire creativity and building, the new music tracks selected for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate are from more action-packed games in the Minecraft franchise, like Minecraft Earth and Minecraft Dungeons.
Alongside the release date for the DLC, new Mii Fighter costumes were announced.
Also out on October 13, the costumes include Minecraft’s Creeper, Pig, and the Diamond Armor. Other costumes include Bomberman, Gil, and Travis Touchdown from No More Heroes. Each will run you $0.75 each or the regional equivalent.
Finally, during the stream, new amiibo were announced for 2021: Banjo and Kazooie, Byleth, and Terry.
Leave a Reply