If you head over to Steam, you can give a new demo for 9 Monkeys of Shaolin a try.
A 9 Monkeys of Shaolin demo is now available on Steam ahead of its release later this month.
There is also a demo available on the Microsoft Store and the PlayStation Store.
The Steam demo includes the first chapter of the campaign and can be played in both single-player and co-op. C0-op can be played online, or through local two-player split-screen (thanks, Blue).
In the game, you play as a fisherman names Wei Cheng, who is out to avenge the death of your friends and family who killed during a pirate raid on your village.
The action is based almost entirely around staves and polearms, with a focus on fighting moves such as planting your feet, unleashing air combos and juggles, and a magic element. As you play, you’ll be able to further invest in the different styles by unlocking perks.
The game’s main villain is “quite a tough nut to crack” as he knows the basics of ancient martial arts only mastered by legendary Shaolin monks.
Below is a list of key features:
- Three unique fighting styles – Fight on earth, in the air, or use mysterious magic seals. Combine these elements to defeat every enemy in your way
- Captivating narrative – Discover the fascinating story of Wei Cheng and follow him as he rises from a simple fisherman to the master of Shaolin martial arts
- Stunning visual style – Unique combination of historical and mystical elements gives you an exciting experience from every scene that appears on the screen
- Extensive character development system – You learn multiple paths to victory as you discover various unlockable perks, items, and fighting styles
- More than 25 different levels – Chinese villages, pirate ship, Buddhist monasteries, Japanese mansions, ancient ruins, and many more
- Co-op play – Invite your friend to help you fight through growing waves of enemies and complete the game together
9 Monkeys of Shaolin one of our favorite indies, is out on October 16 for Steam, PS4, Switch, and Xbox One.